CSS CEO to Talk Sterilizer Best Practices in Upcoming ABSA Webinar
Consolidated Sterilizer Systems CEO Arthur Trapotsis will take part in a special webinar hosted by the American Biological Safety Association (ABSA) for laboratory professionals looking to bolster their working knowledge of basic and advanced lab safety protocols.
The webinar — Best Practices and Emerging Trends in Facility Decontamination and Steam Sterilization — is a two-part series slated for Wednesday, March 1 and Friday, March 3. Each webinar will feature a two-hour session beginning at 12:30 p.m (CST). For the webinar, you should plan on logging in at least 15 minutes prior to the start.
ABSA officials say the upcoming webinar is ideal for not only laboratory workers and managers, but also new and experienced biosafety professionals, BSC certifiers, infection control practitioners, biosecurity professionals, lab facility personnel, animal facility managers and housekeeping management in BSL facilities.
The first session will cover basic and advanced room (gas) decontamination practices and review several case studies utilizing the more common fumigants. Comparisons of fumigation agents using published data from independent resources will be reviewed.
The second session will feature Trapotsis discussing the many facets of steam sterilization including tips on autoclaving, green methodologies to reduce steam sterilizer utility consumption, BSL-3 sterilizer design and emerging trends like cloud-connectivity.
Joining Trapotsis for the webinar is Paul Lorcheim of ClorDiSys Solutions, Inc.
According to ABSA, participants in the upcoming webinar will learn a variety of information related to laboratory safety and processes surrounding decontamination and sterilization in particular. Participants can expect to learn the following:
- Differentiate between the various decontamination methods available, compare and contrast their strengths, weaknesses, safety traits and characteristics
- Define decontamination and interpret microbial log reduction
- Evaluate and choose the most suitable decontamination method for your facility
- Conduct an assessment to determine if the decontamination procedure was successful
- Illustrate to coworkers the benefits of the different methods
- Describe the basics of steam sterilization
- Steam sterilizer validation and tips on autoclaving
- How cloud-connected laboratory equipment can save you time
- Key features and attributes of BSL-3 autoclaves
Click here to learn more about the upcoming ABSA webinar.
17 Questions to Ask Before Buying Your Next Autoclave
We created this 17-question eBook as a framework to help you explore and discover the exact type of autoclave best suited to your needs.