Receiving & Quality Control Associate
Consolidated Sterilizer Systems designs and manufactures steam sterilizers (autoclaves) for the lab, research and clinical markets at our facility in Billerica. We are seeking an associate to handle limited receiving inspection of material and basic quality control documentation and 3rd party inspector audits.
- Prepare for and coordination of weekly ASME inspections including preparation and review of all required paperwork (receiving reports, shop travelers, etc.)
- Coordinate with purchasing and welding employees as needed to complete paperwork.
- Meet with inspector to review paperwork and file/mail when completed
- Perform receiving inspection of controlled material and fabricated parts
- Review of supplier documentation to assure that all purchased material conforms to requirements
- Assess vessel squareness with tape measure, construction square.
- Inspect products for weld size, weld quality, workmanship, markings and leaks
- Use Excel and Word daily for data entry and documentation.
- Stamp name plates
- Perform calibration of QC equipment and maintain relevant records.
- Highly detail oriented with a strong drive to “get things right”
- A willingness to learn and be a team player
- Highly organized person familiar with a fast-paced, manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to learn new or upgraded applications independently as needed.
- Excellent oral and written communications, as well as interpersonal skills
- General fabrication knowledge including forming, cutting, welding and machining and ASME experience desirable, but not required
- Ability to read specifications & drawings; knowledge of materials.
This is for a permanent full-time position to start immediately.
Salary competitive and commensurate with experience. The benefits include working in a great atmosphere with friendly co-workers, great health and dental coverage, generous vacation/holiday/sick time, a 401(k) retirement plan with company match, and lots of opportunity to learn new things.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Prefer applicants in the greater Boston area. Candidates Only, No Recruiters.
If you are qualified, please apply below!