Growing laboratory equipment manufacturer located in Billerica is seeking an experienced machinist. The ideal candidate will be well versed in the programming, set-up and operation of CNC machining centers and lathes, along with the integration of conventional manual equipment. We are looking for a reliable, high energy, motivated, quality oriented, fast learner who has a strong work ethic, takes pride in their work and can work well alone or with others. You must be interested in continuous improvement. Experience with lean manufacturing is a plus.
• Interpret and understand blueprints.
• Create machining operation sequence based on blueprints and sketches.
• Interpret and understand GD&T.
• Proper selection of tooling, feed rates and cutting speeds.
• Ability to program, set-up and operate Bridgeport 3-axis CNC milling center and Bridgeport CNC lathe.
• Ability to effectively set-up and operate manual machine equipment.
• Verify conformance of machined work piece to specifications using precision measuring instruments.
• Utilize machine run time to perform production secondary operations, work area organization/cleaning, and routine and preventive maintenance on equipment.
• Sustain a work pace that supports production goals and on-time delivery.
• Maintain supplies inventory and requisition replacement purchases as necessary.
• Accept ownership of each operation; observe the operation and equipment to discover problems and opportunities for improvements and communicate to department lead and/or engineering.
• Consistently meet and exceed production standards
• Produce minimal scrapped parts
• 100% compliance with all quality and procedural requirements
• Keep work environment, tools and machinery organized, clean, and in good working order
• Maintain safe work practices
• Set a positive example for other employees
• Strive to continuously improve skills, processes and quality.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience preferred.
• Basic computer knowledge
• Ability to lift, squat and bend with up to 75 pounds and work and stand 8-10 hour days.
• Mechanical ability and dexterity
• Positive attitude
• Attention to detail
• Good judgment
• Common sense
• Independent focus and team cooperation
• Flexibility and adaptability
• Excellent verbal communication skills
Compensation will vary depending on experience.
This is for a permanent full-time position to start immediately.
Salary competitive and commensurate with experience. The benefits include working in a great atmosphere with friendly co-workers, great health and dental coverage, generous vacation/holiday/sick time, a 401(k) retirement plan with company match, and lots of opportunity to learn new things.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Candidates Only, No Recruiters.
If you are qualified, please apply below!