Crating, Shipping & Receiving Position
An established laboratory equipment manufacturer in Billerica is seeking a person who can build wooden skids and crates for our equipment, load and unload trucks, pack parts for UPS shipments and put inventory away.
A suitable candidate should be capable of:
- Measuring, cutting and building wooden skids and crates for our large autoclaves using a nail gun, chop saw and hand tools.
- Paying attention to ensure all of the parts get packed together and that the unit is clean and protected.
- Using a propane forklift to load and unload trucks. We receive small skids and bundles of steel bar, rod and sheet and we ship autoclaves that are typically between 2000 and 4000 lbs and are somewhat top heavy.
- Packing small parts so they are adequately protected in cardboard boxes for UPS shipments.
- Following shop safety procedures.
- Helping put materials away.
- Doing any odd jobs around the shop when time permits. This may include basic machine shop tasks and cleaning up in the shop.
We are looking for a mechanically inclined, motivated, fast learner who takes pride in their work and works well alone and with others. Reliability, punctuality, safety and quality of work are important to us.
Compensation will vary depending on experience. Hours will be from 7:30am – 4pm.
This is for a permanent full-time position to start immediately.
Salary competitive and commensurate with experience. The benefits include working in a great atmosphere with friendly co-workers, great health and dental coverage, generous vacation/holiday/sick time, a 401(k) retirement plan with company match, and lots of opportunity to learn new things.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Prefer applicants in the greater Boston area. Candidates Only, No Recruiters.
If you are qualified, please apply below!